You are going on a road trip. You are excited. You made the plan to have best road trip ever. But before you leave for your adventure, do remember that there are certain things that you need to bring to ensure that your road trip will be a success.
For your Car
- Car Registration. Aside from the car registration, other countries also require a copy of your latest Official Receipt of registration.
- Copy of Insurance Policy and Contact Numbers. You should have a copy of the emergency contact numbers of your insurance provider. This will come in handy in case of emergency or if you need towing or roadside assistance.
- Spare Tire. Make sure that your spare tire is in good working condition. It would be better also if you know how to change the flat tire yourself.
- Roadside Emergency Kit. Your roadside emergency kit should include items such as flares or reflective triangle, jumper cables, flashlights and tire pressure gauge.
- Car Manual. A car manual can serve as reference if a warning light symbol or indicator on your dashboard turns on.
For Personal Care
- First Aid Kit. Having a first aid kit with you is the best way to prepare for emergencies. Your first aid kit should include items such as bandages, plasters, tweezers, sterile gloves, thermometer, alcohol, painkillers, cough and cold medicines and antihistamines.
- Baby Wipes. Baby wipes are not just for babies. You can use them to freshen up, to wipe dirty, sticky fingers or to wipe down toilet seats on public areas.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizers can be used as alternatives to washing your hands if soap and water is not available before and after meals.
- Sunscreen. Sunscreens should be applied to help protect your skin from the sun.
- Sunglasses. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s UV rays.
- Tissue Paper. One of the common problems during road trips is in finding toilets, especially ones with tissue paper. So, make sure to always bring one with you.
- Travel Mug. Tavel mugs are insulated. They can retain the hotness or coldness of a drink. They are also eco-friendly because they are reusable. They are perfect companions for your travels.
- Travel Pillow. A travel pillow will help you sleep comfortably without straining your neck during road trips.
- Flip-flops. Flip flops are good alternative foot wear especially on long road trips.
- Personal Medications. You need to bring your personal medications with you on road trips because you don’t know if your medicines are going to be available in your destination.
- Phone Charger / USB cord. In this day and age, you need to stay connected.
- Garbage Bags. Be a responsible traveller. Dispose your trash properly. Don’t just throw your trash anywhere.
- Swiss Army knife. Never go on a road trip without one. It is small, very versatile and has many uses. For a very small gadget, it has scissors, bottle opener, corkscrew, can opener, file, screwdrivers and blade.
- Car Cooler. To keep your food fresh and your drinks cool, you need to put them inside a car cooler.
- Snacks. You can save a lot of time and money if you pack your own snacks during a road trip. Just bring foods that are easy to bring and eat behind the wheel.