When we talk about wellness, the first thing that comes to mind is physical wellness. While your physical condition is an important aspect of your overall health, it is not the only determining factor of your general well-being. To be totally healthy, other factors should also be taken into consideration. One of them is your emotional health.
How you are feeling affects your ability to carry out your day to day activities. It leads to increase productivity. It also affects how you deal with other people. Individuals who are emotionally healthy treat others well.
Being emotionally well does not necessarily mean that you always have to be happy. Everyone has to go through problems and challenges in life. It is impossible to be happy all the time. It is more about how you deal with problems that comes your way. It is about how you deal with pain. It is all about how you handle emotions and how you cope with stress.
Here are questions that you should ask yourself to determine the state of your emotional well-being:
- Are you constantly worried about the future? Do you still worry about what happened in the past?
- Do you feel so alone despite the presence of family and friends around you?
- Do you beat yourself up over mistakes that you have committed?
- Do you hold grudges? Can you still remember the wrongdoing that was done to you in detail despite the fact that it happened years ago?
- Are you easily irritated? Do you get all worked up over small meaningless things?
- Do you not have a sense of humor? Is it difficult for you to laugh at life’s absurdities?
- Do you always lament on what is missing from your life?
- Do you let your mood affect your decision-making and the way you communicate with other people?
- Do you have low self-esteem? Do you hide yourself from social situations? Do you keep everything to yourself?
- Are you skeptical? Do you have a hard time believing in people? Do you always blame others for your feelings?
If you answered YES to more than five questions, then that is a sign that you are emotionally exhausted. It is possible that you are going through a rough patch in life. These are also warning signs that you need to take some time off to heal your emotional wounds. Remember that you are strong. Believe in Yourself. You will be emotionally well in due time.