Life is all about balance. When you have a balanced life you feel happy, calm and contented yet motivated and driven at the same time. Highly successful people live a well-balanced life.
A balanced life means there is harmony in all the elements of your life. Here are some questions that you can ponder on to see if you have achieved balance, both internally and externally:
- How do you manage stress?
- Are you consistently worried about something?
- Do you give your mind time to rest?
- Do you love others unconditionally?
- Do you demand love from others?
- Are there people that wronged you in the past that you have not forgiven yet?
- Do you have enough sleep?
- Do you exercise?
- What kind of food do you usually eat?
- Do you pray or meditate?
- Are you grateful for all the blessings that you have received?
- Do you give back to your community?
- Do you have enough time to spend with your loved ones?
- Do you miss family events because of work?
- What’s your relationship like with your spouse / parents / children?
- Work / Career
- Do you love your job?
- Is your work fulfilling enough?
- Do you always lose your temper at work?
- Do you have enough money to meet your needs?
- Are your debts manageable?
- Are you saving enough for your future?
- Do you have a vast network of friends?
- Do you make time to go out with them?
- Can you count on your friends if you need help?
- Do you have hobbies or interests outside work?
- When was the last time that you went on a vacation?
- What do you do for fun?
- Physical Environment
- Is there clutter around you?
- Are you happy with your surroundings?
- Are you happy with your neighborhood?
Try to answer the questions about your life and reflect on whether you have a balanced life or not. If it is not balanced, make a conscious decision to change all that. It would help if you could create goals on every aspect of your life. Only through a balanced life will you find a sense of fulfilment and meaning.